Why Choose Invisalign?
By Buttercup 7 Day Dental 12th Aug 2018
Do you dream of beautiful, straight teeth? You’re not alone! But we aren’t all born with a Hollywood smile. We all have our individual set of teeth and some are luckier than others when it comes to alignment, shape and colour.
Being confident in your smile is incredibly important. If you are not happy with your teeth, this will come to impact your self-esteem. At Buttercup Dental, we think everyone deserves the smile of their dreams and that is why we offer Invisalign invisible braces alongside our other orthodontic treatments.
In the past, to have your teeth straightened, your only real option was traditional metal braces. While these are effective at straightening your smile, they’re fairly visible. As an adult, wearing metal braces isn’t exactly fun and in many cases, metal braces affect the way you feel and smile when you are around other people.
Many adults choose to live with their teeth even though they’re not happy with them because they simply don’t want to wear metal braces for several months.
But there is a new orthodontic treatment on the market and it’s a rather ingenious solution.
At Buttercup 7 Day Dental, we offer Invisalign invisible braces to help people get the straight teeth they’ve always dreamt off without putting up with months of visible metal braces.
There are a lot of advantages to Invisalign, ranging from convenience to cosmetic to overall health. Have a read through our article on why you should choose Invisalign to see how it can help improve your life and if you’re curious, book a free initial appointment to see what Invisalign can do for you.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign braces offer many advantages, including:
Easy removal of aligners to eat and drink or to clean.
Better appearance and comfort since each aligner is trimmed on your gum line.
More controlled, predictable tooth movements because they’re made from SmartTrack material.
No broken wires or brackets.
A lot of people think clear braces like Invisalign only enhance the look of their smile. While this is true to a certain extent, Invisalign aligners not only improve your smile, but they offer health benefits as well.
For instance, Invisalign benefits your health through the following ways:
- Overall Health: Oral infections can impact your health and cause issues like increased risk of diabetes, heart disease or stroke. Therefore, properly spaced and straightened teeth is an essential step to ensuring better overall health.
- Periodontal Health: When your teeth are overcrowded, it can lead to swollen, red and irritated gums — all signs of periodontal disease. Braces provide your gums with more room since they not just straighten your teeth, but they also create space between them.
- Better Cleaning Access: Regular metal braces take up a big amount of your tooth surface which causes you to miss a good amount of each tooth while brushing. You can remove Invisalign braces easily to ensure you’re cleaning your entire tooth surface.
- Better Diet: With metal braces, you can’t eat certain foods. This can hinder your diet significantly causing you to lose out on essential vitamins and minerals. With Invisalign clear braces, you can eat all types of food, including apples and raw vegetables.
The Difference Between Traditional Braces and Invisalign
There are many differences between traditional metal braces, alignment systems and Invisaligns invisible aligners.
Here are a few of the main differences, and how Invisalign differs from the bunch:
- Simpler Oral Hygiene: Braces make it difficult to clean your teeth properly because of their wires and brackets, and they take up a lot of a tooth’s surface. Not cleaning your teeth properly can lead to staining, discolouring and oral issues like cavities and gum disease. Since you can remove Invisalign braces, you can thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
- Proprietary SmartTrack Material: Braces are meant to gradually move your teeth into place. But metal braces sometimes use uncomfortable materials to achieve this. Invisalign still moves your teeth, but uses an elastic material placing more control on that movement.
- Eat What You Want: With metal braces, you have to give up foods like corn on the cob, apples and other hard foods. Sticky food is out of the question too. With Invisalign braces, you don’t have to give up anything. Eat the foods you love without the worry. Just remember to brush your teeth before you place the aligners back on your teeth.
If you’re ready to hear more about how Invisalign can help improve your life, give us a call on 0141 334 4550 to schedule your free initial consultation or book your appointment online.